- Owned by Orion Capital Managers
- 70-acre site
- 1 million sq ft
- 170+ units
- Parking for 3,600 cars
- Strong catchment, little competition
Marks & Spencer, Debenhams,
House of Fraser and Primark
- Planning consent for new town centre masterplan granted October 2013
- Construction of Phase 1 to start Spring 2015
- Planning application for Phase 2 to be submitted Spring 2015
Appointed 2013 | 1,000,000 sq ft
Sovereign Land is asset and development manager for the Telford Shopping Centre.
One of the largest covered centres in the UK, it dominates the region and, being superbly accessible, attracts over 12m shoppers pa.
At the end of 2013, Sovereign Land secured planning consent for a five-year redevelopment plan that could increase the size of the scheme by up to 80%, with almost 400,000 sq ft of new retail and 250,000 sq ft of new restaurants, cafés & bars, plus other leisure uses.
Construction of the first phase - comprising 5 new restaurants & cafes and known as the Southern Quarter - is due to start Spring 2015.